Wednesday, August 10, 2011


So. Let's begin with the good news. They miraculously fixed the sinkhole in one day flat. A couple of weeks ago I left for work and it was still there, and then I got home that evening and it was all patched up. See.


Pavement. I was amazed.


But then yesterday evening as I approached my building I saw flashing police lights in the distance. "Nooooooooo!!!" I thought. But yesssssssss. It happened again.


Granted it's much smaller this time around, though in a rather inconvenient location. That is, in the middle of the road. Makes driving on my street even more treacherous than usual.


The good ol' local police were quick to get their tape up and the area secured.


I thought it was pretty hilarious though, how they used this parked car to secure the tape. What did the poor owner think/do when he needed his vehicle? Surely they could have used something else? Like a light post or even a garbage can.

Anyhow, we'll see how long this one is there. Pretty disconcerting though. I am suddenly not too keen on available parking spots near my building.

No comments:

Post a Comment