Wednesday, June 29, 2011


I was in Milan over the past weekend, and despite the beautiful weather after a month of rain and hail, the highlight was most definitely brunch at the California Bakery.

!!!!


I'd been wanting to go since I learned about it a few months ago - an American bakery in Italy, with all of our favorite cakes and sweets. Plus Sunday brunch, complete with American drip coffee. Are you kidding me?? I almost died!


Even though I was stuffed after my scrambled egg, bacon bagel sandwich, I couldn't leave without getting a brownie for the road.


And if all of that weren't great enough on its own, they do off-site catering in their little ape truck. Ape in Italian means "bee" and so it is justly named the California Bee. Almost can't stand the cuteness, right? Talk about engines of ingenuity.




No comments:

Post a Comment